About

Where We’ve Been…

The Denton Presbyterian Church was established in 1839. The first Church burned to the ground in 1858 and was immediately rebuilt. This structure remains as our center for worship and was most recently renovated in 2013. Our fellowship hall is attached to the Church and has been renovated to include a full kitchen and dining/meeting area. In 1972, a 2 story Sunday School wing, with 10 rooms and a nursery, was added. The loving and voluntary labor and workmanship of congregation members completed most of the construction and renovation projects.

In 1993, gifts of a new Allen organ, along with a new keyboard added to the musical ministry of our Church already equipped with a grand piano. A brand new state of the art sound system was donated to the church in 2004 to fulfill the needs of our rapidly expanding music ministry. In 2010 a computerized software and projection system was installed allowing beautiful backgrounds and large visual text to enhance our music and scripture readings.

Our Mission Statement…

We are a Family of God, bound by His Love, enriched by His Grace, and encouraged by His Promises. We declare The Kingdom of God is for all people, and embrace the opportunity to serve the Lord by reaching out in our community and inviting all to witness and experience the love, peace, and joy of the Lord. We trust in God to use our gifts, talents, and abilities to reach out to all people, love them, care for their needs, and lead them to the Glory of the Lord by our actions and our examples of Christian Love.

Where We Are…

The Denton Presbyterian Church currently sits on 5 acres of land in New Hampton, New York. The Church, fellowship hall, and Sunday School are in one structure. Our property provides ample parking and handicapped access to the Church and fellowship hall.

Our Church is a family-centered congregation of approximately 100 members with a regular Sunday attendance of 65-75 members and friends. We have served this community for over 175 years and have generations of families still worshiping with us. Our regular worship service has transitioned into a combination of traditional and contemporary music and styles which includes musicians on guitars, and drums in addition to our organ and piano music.  We strongly desire to become known throughout this rapidly growing community as THE Church where any person can go to find the love of the Lord revealed through the actions and deeds of His people.

We have always practiced faith-based giving, trusting the Lord will provide the needed finances to meet the needs of our church and our programs without requiring our congregational members to make a specific monetary pledge of support. We create annual budgets that have included significant mission budgets to provide monetary support to many local, national, and international missions.  In addition to numerous local, national, and international missions, our church has provided support for a over forty years to a missionary family in Thailand.

Where We’re Going…

We are trusting the Lord for some direction in the local missions our church can become more involved in.  In recent years we have been active in the Interfaith Counsel’s Warming Station for the homeless in Middletown, New York during the winter months.